by Mary Mukira
About a week ago, Jay-Z officially released his twelfth studio album: Magna Carta…Holy Grail. With his innovative album release, the otherwise non-social media user took to Twitter to answer some of his fans’ burning questions. In that, Mr. Carter was asked why his song “Open Letter” was not featured on the album. He replied saying, “vinyl only, handled by Jack White”. In an industry where digital is considered most acceptable, the hip-hop mogul himself is set to be “re-releasing” the MCHG album with the demanded song, on vinyl. Of course Mr. Carter couldn’t just feature the demanded song on vinyl, “Open Letter” will be in the form of a letter, and you will have the ability to “play the card like vinyl”. Jack White, a band member from The White Stripes is no stranger to using and releasing music on vinyl. In fact, Mr. White and his label, Third Man Records, have opened their very own recording booth to the public in Nashville, TN—making it the only vinyl-recording booth in the world. Again, in an era where digital is important to sell music, people are craving for the physical sound that only vinyl creates. The idea of Jay-Z and Jack White working on this together is one for the books. Mainstream vinyl will make a mark, if not now, soon.
What to Do If You’re a #DeerintheHeadlights
by Sarah Grin
Ever get caught in a situation that you just don’t know how to handle? Here’s what not to do…Don’t go on live television and tell the world that we need to create education better.
But for all of you people out there that still struggle in these situations, here’s a few tips to help!
- Take a deep breath! There is no need to panic and just start spewing out words that make no sense without formulating decent and legible sentences!
- Stay calm and make sure to keep your facial expressions relaxed and certain rather than looking nervous and jittery.
- If you need time to think of an answer, take a sip of water (if you have any) or stand up slowly to give enough time to formulate a sentence.
- Try to keep something in your pocket that you could play with to calm your nerves long enough to focus on your thoughts.
- Sometimes it’s okay to ask for a question to be repeated. This allows you to process the question and gives time to think of an answer.
Hope these help!