The lead vocalist of the American duo The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, has been working to support the #occupy efforts taking place on the East coast. She commented that the crowds are only getting bigger, and the musicians are only becoming louder. She is calling on other bands and artists to show up, and not to wait to be invited.
In this article on Hypebot, Amanda’s passion for the movement shines through. A majority of the article was written to discuss “The Power of Yes” and in it she talks about how the Dresden Dolls said yes to playing every show they were asked to, said yes to staying out after the show to talk to fans, said yes to people who offered them a place to stay, and so on. I agree that if you want to be a DIY band, saying yes to your fans in every way possible will help you gain valuable fans and followers.
Amanda is clearly dedicated to bringing a brighter day to the people. This fact is obvious through her involvement with the #occupy protests, and donation of her song In My Mind to the David Lynch Download for Good Box Set. Rock on Amanda Palmer.
- Amanda Palmer and The Dresden Dolls (seabeegirl.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: Amanda Palmer Covers Radiohead (idiomag.com)
- Stream Amanda Palmer’s Radiohead Covers EP (stereogum.com)
- An interview with Amanda Palmer (efrona.wordpress.com)
- Expatriate Extraordinaire: Amanda Palmer Profile | EM Profiles Amanda Palmer and DIY Techniques (emusician.com)